Michael Schwartz Library
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Articles and books which are not available through the Michael Schwartz Library or OhioLINK are provided via a worldwide network of libraries using the ILLiad online request system.
- How do I contact the Interlibrary Loan Office?
- The ILL office is located in the Library in RT 122, on the first floor (see floor plan). Our hours are Mon. - Fri. from 8 am to 5 pm. We are closed weekends. You can call the ILL office at (216) 687-2382 or email us at email@example.com.
- Who can use Interlibrary Loan?
- Faculty, staff, and students currently registered at CSU can use Interlibrary Loan.
- What kinds of materials can I get through Interlibrary Loan?
- Books, dissertations, theses, conference proceedings, technical papers and journal articles are the most commonly requested items. Some lending libraries restrict access to rare materials and audio/video media.
- How do I request materials?
- Register with the ILLiad service and fill out the online form. Track the progress of your requests in ILLiad, add information to a request as necessary, or cancel a request if you decide you no longer need the item. Log on now.
- How long will it take to process my request?
- Articles in PDF format often can be delivered within 48 hours. Other materials may take several days to arrive. Submit requests as far ahead of your deadline as possible.
- How much does it cost to request materials?
- There is no charge for standard Interlibrary Loan requests.
- How will I know when my materials have arrived?
- You will be notified by email. You may also check on the status of your requests at any time by logging onto ILLiad. Books will be held on the Interlibrary Loan shelves at the Michael Schwartz Library Users Services desk. Articles are delivered in PDF format.
- How long can I keep books obtained through ILL?
- Most books have a loan period of 2 to 4 weeks. Many books can also be renewed once.
- What are the fines for overdue materials?
- Fines for overdue Interlibrary Loan items are $.50 per day. Items 30 days or more overdue will be billed a replacement fee of $125.00. When the item is returned, the fee will be reduced to $50.00.
- Can I access ILLiad from home?
- ILLiad is available 24 hours a day from any computer that can connect to the Internet.
Materials requested through Interlibrary loan may be protected by copyright law (Title 17 U.S. Code).