Remote/Off Campus Access to Library Resources
Are you taking classes remotely? Is the Library closed? We're here for you... wherever you are!
Wherever you are, your CSU librarians are available to assist you. The library is working hard to provide the level of services and support you need, whether we're here or not. Please don't hesitate to reach out: we look to our users - students and faculty - to tell us how we can support you.
RESEARCH DATABASES & OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE REMOTELY
The Michael Schwartz Library provides the Cleveland State University Community with an array of services and support for distance learning and research that may surprise you:
- A-Z List of Research Databases
- Research Guides: These subject-specific guides - hundreds of them - have been designed for you by your librarians here at Cleveland State, and each one contains targeted information on a particular topic or course to support your research in that area. Check them out for useful, trustworthy resources, hints and pro tips.
- Electronic Course Reserves Access to course readings, accessible from anywhere. Note: some course materials are password-protected for use only by those students currently enrolled in the course. Your professor will give you the password if one is needed - check your syllabus.
- The Virtual Reference Desk Consult dictionaries, encyclopedias, biographical sources, maps, quotations, statistics and much more.
- NEW: Library Support for Online Teaching and Learning Your Librarians at CSU have compiled this new Research Guide to the many ways we can help you, wherever you are.
- Ebooks ...and a Research Guide to help you use them.
- The Cleveland Memory Project A searchable online collection of historical photos, texts, oral histories, videos and other local history resources. All digital, all the time!
NOTE: If you have trouble accessing any online resources, check our DIY troubleshooting tips or ask us for help!
REFERENCE & RESEARCH HELP...ONLINE OR BY PHONE
Your CSU librarians are all available to assist you. The Library's online chat and email reference services are available, and as always, you're welcome to contact your Personal Librarian by email, phone, or chat. We're here for you and ready to help.
CHAT: Our chat service, staffed by your Librarians here at the Michael Schwartz Library, is available right where you need it, from many of our web pages - including this one! Check for current hours
PHONE (216-687-5300): Rather talk to a person? Your Librarians are also available by phone. Check for current hours.
SHY? NOT IN A HURRY? Use our email form. We'll get back to you in writing.
FOR MORE GENERAL LIBRARY INQUIRIES give our User Services Center a call at 216-687-2479, whenever the library is open.
We're here for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out.
LIBRARIAN & WRITING CENTER CONSULTATIONS
Our Librarians are specialists in finding and using information as well as experts in their fields.
- Your personal librarians are available - even if you're not in the library - for one-on-one consultations online. Both students and instructors can schedule an online consultation with them via email, or using the chat box on this page. More information about setting up a Virtual Reference Meeting
- Online Writing Assistance from The Writing Center
DIY TECHNICAL HELP & TROUBLESHOOTING
- Remote Authentication for Off-Campus Access
- Why is Google Scholar giving me an "Invalid domain for site key" error?