Michael Schwartz Library
Services for Undergraduate Students
The Michael Schwartz Library can be overwhelming for new students or first time visitors. To make things a little easier, we have outlined a few basics to help get you started. You may also find it helpful to read over our Library FAQ.
CSU students must have a current VikingCard to borrow library materials or access library resources. With a current VikingCard, you can:
- Borrow up to 50 items from the CSU Libraries. Find out how.
- Borrow books and materials from 84 other colleges and universities in the OhioLINK consortium.
- Borrow digital cameras, camcorders, and audio recorders for a 1-day loan period from Mulitmedia Services.
- Do research at home online using more than 100 electronic research databases as well as E-Journals, E-books and a variety of multimedia. You can also use RefWorks to organize your research and format your bibliographies and footnotes.
- Access course reserve material online with our Electronic Course Reserves.
- Retrieve documents and books not in the collection through our Interlibrary Loan Service.
- Use library computer and multimedia resources including scanners and audio/video editing materials. Find out more.
New to doing research? Don't know where to start? Find some help here:
- Finding Books, Audio, Video, Etc.
- Finding Articles & Journals
- Virtual Reference - Online reference resources organized by subject
- Writing & Citing
- Ask Your Personal Librarian
Getting a job in the Library
We hire for many different types of jobs, including shelving, staffing service desks, data entry, and administrative support. We offer flexible hours that will fit your schedule. Working with us can teach you the secrets of finding information you need to do your own research - and we make a great reference for your resumé!
If you are interested, fill out and submit our online application.