Michael Schwartz Library
Mobile Version - Library Resources Optimized for Your Smartphone
Some of the Library's electronic resources offer separate interfaces optimized for users of smartphones and other handheld devices. Below is a listing those currently available:
- ACS Mobile: An iPhone/ iPod Touch "app" that provides a live stream of new articles in American Chemical Society Publications as well as a news feed from Chemical & Engineering News.
- Requirements: Must download the app from the Apple iTune Store for $2.99.
- ARTstor Mobile: Use your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Safari to access ARTstore, a digital image library.
- Requirements: First you need to register and set up a password while on campus. More details.
- EBSCOhost Databases: All Smartphones and tablets are now auto-detected and automatically directed to the new EBSCOhost Mobile 2.0 website, with the exception of iPads, which are directed to the full desktop version of EBSCOhost.
- Requirements: Fully optimized for Android 2.3.3 and 4 and Apple iOS 4 and iOS 5.
- MedlinePlus: Provides up-to-date health care information, selected by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, for use by health care consumers and health professionals.
- Requirements: BlackBerry users require special instructions.
- RefMobile: Provides access to your RefWorks account. Go to Working with RefMobile for details and help.
- Requirements: You will need to use the subscriber code that was supplied to you via email after you registered for your individual account. If you no longer have that code, please call Reference Services at (216) 687-5300.
- Research Guides: Useful resources and research assistance compiled by MSL's librarians.
- Safari Tech Books Mobile: A custom library that contains a subset of titles from Safari Books Online's overall content.
- SciFinder Mobile: Mobile access to comprehensive scientific information.
- Requirements: Reigstration required. For registration assistance, ask at the Reference Desk or the Chemistry Department.
Have a quick question for our Reference Librarians? Text CSULibrary to 66746. Service is limited to hours when the Reference Center is open.