Michael Schwartz Library
Virtual Reference Desk: Fact Sources and Almanacs
- 50 States and Capitals - Quick facts and links to web sites on each state.
- FactCheck.org - A nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.
- Fact Monster - Combines essential reference materials, fun facts and features, and homework help for kids.
- FLACKCheck.org - Provides resources to help students recognize flaws in arguments in general and political ads in particular.
- Guinness World Records - Search for specific facts such as: Largest US TV audience - rating share or most career home runs.
- Issues & Controversies - Presents and enhances the full back file of Issues & Controversies On File, which has probed more than 600 controversial topics in the news since its debut in September 1995. Chronologies, illustrations, maps, tables, sidebars, bibliographies, and contact information augment the balanced, accurate coverage of current and historical events. Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- How Stuff Works - Easy-to-understand answers and explanations of how the world actually works.
- Infoplease.com - An A to Z keyword index of general, entertainment, and sports almanacs.
- NationMaster - Dedicated to the mission of bringing facts to the world of geopolitics, economics, geography, defense and culture.
- Newsroom: US Census Bureau - The latest news releases and statements from the U.S. Census Bureau. Also, find upcoming events, and useful information for media.
- The Old Farmers Almanac - Weather and miscellaneous information.
- Robert's Rules of Order - 1915 version.
- Robert's Rules of Order in Brief (newly revised) - eBook by Henry M. Robert III . Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- Science Online (Facts on File) - Database containing thousands of diagrams, definitions, biographies, essays, and experiments covering the sciences. Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- Statista: Provides access to statistics and studies gathered by market researchers, trade organizations, scientific publications, and government sources on over 600 industries. Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- UNdata: A data access system to UN databases.
- World Almanac of the U.S.A. - eBook. Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- The World Factbook - An annual survey of countries prepared by CIA.