Michael Schwartz Library
Virtual Reference Desk: Encyclopedias
- Citizendium: The Citizen's Compendium
- Cleveland Public Library Resources: May require library card and pin number from Institution.
- Cuyahoga County Public Library Resources: May require library card and pin number from Institution.
- Encyclopedia.com: Provides reference entries from credible, published sources like Oxford University Press and Columbia Encyclopedia and free access to nearly 200,000 reference entries from sources you can cite.
- Encyclopedia Mythica: Over 7000 articles related to anything mythology: Greek, Roman, Norse, Celtic, Native American, and more.
- Encyclopedia of Cleveland History: Represents the contributions of hundreds of academic scholars and talented amateur historians to the interpretation and understanding of the history of Greater Cleveland.
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian: Explore the Smithsonian's many online resources.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Provides open access to detailed, peer-reviewed, scholarly information on key topics and philosophers in all areas of philosophy.
- Ohio History Central: An evolving, dynamic online encyclopedia that includes information about Ohio's natural history, prehistory, and history.
- Scholar catalog search for web accessible encyclopedia or encyclopaedia: Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- Scholarpedia: A peer-reviewed open-access encyclopedia written and maintained by scholarly experts from around the world.
- Science Online: Facts on File — includes articles, essays, definitions.
- World Book Web: Available on campus or by remote authentication.