Michael Schwartz Library
PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- What is a PIN?
PINs are used by the CSU Libraries to ensure the privacy of your library account.
You create your own PIN. The use of PINs ensures that you, and only you, have access to the information maintained in your library account. You will be prompted for your PIN when checking your library account or renewing books in Scholar. Your PIN also will be required when you connect to research databases from home. You will not need your PIN for just searching the online catalog.
- How do I create my Library PIN?
- Go to MY ACCOUNT in Scholar.
- Fill in your name and CSU ID number, but leave the PIN field blank and click the Submit button.
- The next screen says, Please enter a new PIN.
- Type at least 4-8 letters or numbers for your PIN. Enter the same PIN again in the second box. Remember your PIN.
- What if I forget my PIN?
- You are the only person who will know your PIN. If you forget your PIN, navigate your web browser to the "My Account" page and click the "Forgot your PIN?" link. Follow the directions to set a new PIN.
Need help? Contact the Michael Schwartz Library at (216) 687-2479 or the Law Library at (216) 687-2250.