EBSCOhost provides the Saved Searches alert service for searches you create and save. By using their email notification, you can keep up to date with articles as they appear in EBSCOhost journals.
Note to faculty: If you are off-campus and having trouble getting access to an article or ebook, disconnect your VPN connection and try again.
Setting Up Your Saved Search Account
Choose the EBSCO database most related to your field by opening any EBSCO database, such as Academic Search Complete, from the Library's list of research databases. Click on Choose Databases. Most of these indexes will have a list of the journals they index that will indicate the database most useful to you for creating a Saved Search. Open the selected database and click on Sign in at the top of the screen. Then click on "I'm a new user" and fill in the registration form. Once set up, you should login to Sign in to add or modify Saved Searches.
To Create Saved Searches
- Open the EBSCO database that best reflects your interests
- Logon in Sign in
- Choose Advanced Search
- Enter and run your search
- Click the tab Search History/Alerts above the results list
- Click the link Save Searches/Alerts above the summary box
- Fill in the form:
- Give the saved search a Name and a Description
- Choose to save the search temporarily, permanently, or as an alert to be run at intervals and for the duration you specify. Click Save
- Supply your email address, a subject line, and the email format your prefer
EBSCOhost will now run the Saved Search at the requested intervals and email you the results.
To Review, Modify, or Delete Saved Searches
- Open the EBSCO database where the Saved Search was set up
- Click on Folder on the upper right of the screen
- To edit Saved Searches:
- Click on Saved Searches. You can now see a list of your current saved searches.
- Click on Retrieve Saved Search to revise a saved search.
- Click on the "X" box at the right to delete a saved search.
- To edit Search Alerts:
- Click on the Search Alerts link at the right under My Folder. You can now see a list of your current search alerts.
- Click on Edit Alert to revise it.
- Click on the "X" box at the right to delete it.
For questions regarding registering or setting up Saved Searches, contact Barbara Gauthier at (216) 687-3519 or the subject librarian for your department. They can also arrange for a library staff member to give a departmental demo of this service or provide individual assistance in setting up the Saved Searches.