Michael Schwartz Library
EBSCOhost Saved Search Alerts
EBSCOhost provides the Saved Searches alert service for searches you create and save. By using their email notification, you can keep up to date with articles as they appear in EBSCOhost journals.
Setting Up Your Saved Search Account
To Create Saved Searches
- Open the EBSCO database that best reflects your interests.
- Click Sign in to logon to your EBSCOhost account.
- Enter and run your search.
- Click the Save Searches/Alerts link below the "Search History/Alerts" results header (see Example 1)
- Type in a name for your search
- To receive alerts choose the Alert checkbox next to "Save Search As"
- To save only the search check Saved Search (Permanent) or Saved Search (Temporary, 24 hours)
- Complete the rest of the form
- Click Save
- Click on Share above the search results (see example below).
- Click on Email Alert in the dialog box.
- Complete the required information in the Create Alert form.
- Click Save Alert.
- Saving Searches
- Saving a Search as an Alert
- Setting Up a Journal Alert
- Creating a Search Alert from the Search Screen
- What is RSS?
- One-Step RSS Search and Journal Alerts
For questions regarding registering or setting up Saved Searches, contact the subject librarian for your department.