Michael Schwartz Library
Frequently Asked Questions About Using the Library
- Who can use the Library?
- The primary purpose of the Michael Schwartz Library is to meet the information needs of Cleveland State students and faculty, but the Library also welcomes visitors. All Library users must adhere to the Conduct Rules for Library Use and other posted regulations.
Visitors who are not Cleveland State University students or employees, and who wish to borrow materials or use computers, should apply for extended services in the Library.
- Where is the Library located?
- The Michael Schwartz Library is located on the first five floors of Rhodes Tower. Rhodes Tower is on the plaza between Euclid and Chester, and between East 21st and East 22nd streets. Entry is through the lobby of the Tower building on the Plaza level. See Directions, Parking & Map, Etc. for more information.
- When is the Library open?
- For regular Library hours, check the Library Hours page. For emergency closings or power outages check the Library Blog.
- I'm in the Library and I'm lost. What do I do?
- Find where you need to go with our Floor Plans or use one of the many campus phones in the Library to call the User Services Center at X2479 or the Reference Center at x5300.
- Does the Library have computers that I can use to work on my assignment?
- The Library has computer labs offering various services. See Computer Labs in the Library.
- How do I print from computers in the Library?
- Printing for CSU students is available at no charge from all library computer stations. Print jobs from the library computers are sent to printers located on the first floor and in the Multimedia Services area on the 3rd floor. For further information and the locations of the printing stations see Printing and Photocopying.
- How do I print from my laptop in the Library?
- If you are using a laptop that is logged into CSUNET and you wish to print from one of the Library's "Papercut" printers, you may have to manually add it to your computer. For instructions on how to do so, see Printing and Photocopying.
- How can I contact the Library?
- You can contact us by phone, fax, email or webform. See Contact Us for all the options.
- Can I arrange for a visit for my high school class?
- School teachers and school librarians/media specialists can arrange a visit to the Library for their classes. The visit can include a Library tour or library instruction. Find out more.
- I'm a student here. How can I get a job in the Library ?
- The Library is always looking for student assistants to perform a variety of duties in the Library from general office to computer and technology related work. Job openings wil be posted on our blog. If you are interested, simply complete and submit our online application. Employment opportunities in the Library for non-student help are posted on the Department of Human Relations website.