Michael Schwartz Library
ICPSR: Inter-University Consortium for Political & Social Research
The Michael Schwartz Library maintains a membership in the Inter-university Consortium for Political & Social Research (ICPSR), a major archive and provider of social science date for research and instruction. ICPSR is a unit within the Institute for Social Research at the University Michigan. It is a membership-based organization with over 500 academic members around the world.
The ICPSR data is organized in reports that are accessible from the ICPSR homepage. The reports can be searched by investigator, title, keyword, or report number. The reports may be downloaded for use.
Please note that you must sign into ICPSR in order to download the data sets. You may sign in with an existing Google or Facebook account, or you may create a free ICPSR MyData account.
The Special Topic Archives focus on archiving data in specific subject areas:
- Census 2000
- Election 2000
- General Social Survey (GSSDIRS)
- Health & Medical Care Archive (HMCA)
- Homicide Research Working Group (HRWG)
- International Archive of Education Data (IAED)
- National Archive of Computerized Data on Aging (NACDA)
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD)
- Site for Instructional Materials & Information (SIMI)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Data Archive (SAMHDA)
Contact Person: Fran Mentch — (216) 687-2365